About Us

Glad Tidings Church was pioneered by a Finnish missionary couple, the Kossilas. In 1957, being led by God to start a church work in the Upper Serangoon/Tampines area, this new work soon grew as neighbouring estates started to spring up due to the rapid developing of the suburban areas in Singapore.

The first services were conducted in open-air tents and it was through this channel that gospel was first made known to the people who lived around the areas. Rev William P K Lee and his wife, Rachel were the first pastors of Glad Tidings Church. The Kossilas handed over the work of pastoring to this young couple when they left for Thailand.

Even from the humble beginning, overseas mission work was always on the heart of Rev William P K Lee. Glad Tiding Church's first overseas mission trip was made in 1970 to Tanjong Pinang. This was just the start of many other trips that followed. Over the years, the church participated actively in training the nationals and supporting the church planters as they planted new works in various parts of Indonesia.

In 2005, the responsibility of Senior Pastor was handed over to Pastor Lawrence Lee.